Meeting began at 7:35p.m.

Attendance: Karen Fletcher, Mike Lohman, Diana Lynn Rau, Charlie Rau, Lisa Bornfriend, Stephen Lee, Christine Lee

The agenda was given out and also the proposed budget, the revenues and expenses from last year and a copy of the kinds of grants available for application by Grand Nordic. Per 501-3C rules the club has to have at least two meetings a year.

Minutes from the September 12, 2017 meeting were approved. Karen F. moved, seconded by Mike L. All approved.

CHANGE OF FISCAL YEAR - Diana asked that our fiscal year be changed from the calendar year to one that reflects when we usually operate . A motion was made by Mike L. (seconded by Stephen L.) that we change our fiscal year, the new recording year being May 1 to April 30. The motion passed.

REVENUES & EXPENSES: The revenues and expenses printout was discussed. Karen suggested that we list a further breakdown in categories. For example : Swap, Trek, Group lessons and More K's ---all, individually, should have a breakdown of their expenses & revenues. The proposed amendment was to breakdown and print out income and expenses by event.

In the meantime Karen F. moved that we approve the balance sheet (profit & loss) as of Dec. 31, 2017 plus from January 1 to May 1, 2017 with suggested amendments. Mike L. seconded. All approved.

OFFICERS: The next order of business was to reaffirm board members and officers. It was mentioned that 501-3C does not like the use of the term “members”. (Diana will check again with the lawyers about this).
The Board is all the participating attendees (plus Kathy Jamison & Al Rothenbach). Diana mentioned that she, as President, cannot be a member of the Board.

Because many of our events are winter season based it makes more sense to elect or reconfirm officers at the fall meeting. This would also be a good time to get more participants to volunteer to be on the board.

SUMMER PROJECTS: None thus far.

SWAP – will be at Devil's Thumb on Friday, October 26, 2018. D.T. will donate a portion (15%) of all (both upstairs and downstairs) sales to our club. Mike L. will double check on this. The percent of individual sales is a flat 20%.
A suggestion was made to have volunteers wear name tags at the SWAP.

CLINICS/FREE LESSONS – Devil's Thumb (Tommelfest) –Sat. Dec. 8, 2018 Grand Lake – Sun, Dec. 16, 2018 (Probable) Snow Mountain Ranch – Sun, Jan 13 or Sun, Jan 20, 2019

Ranch to Ranch Trek -- Granby Ranch to SMR – Either Saturday, Feb 2 or Saturday, Feb 9, 2019
Diana volunteered to remind Bill Pierce about R to R
Also check with new owners? at Granby Ranch
It was suggested that we ask participants where they found out about the Trek. Newspaper, friend, Facebook, etc.

GRANTS: Instead of fundraising, research getting grants.
Karen & Diana will work on getting money this way. For getting grants we need to develop a certain kind of wording. Also ask “what do we need”? Additionally - have articles in paper and get some good photographs.
Once we identify a need apply for a grant. Suggestion: The Grand Foundation is one organization that gives out grants.

Another idea is to get American Olympic x-c skiers (for example, Kikkan Randall &/or Jessie Diggins) to come and give a talk to the school kids as well as adults. Diana will see if this can be done.

BUDGET PROPOSAL: progress – This is a marketing tool. The website is not funded by Grand Nordic but by the Grand County Tourism Board. Last year the grant was $6000 and matching funds from the groups that advertised on this website. We have to apply for another grant this year along with the matches. The organizations that could advertise are Devil's Thumb, YMCA, C Lazy U, Latigo. Lisa B. and Diana R. will try for another grant this year. The goal of the website is self-maintenance by the people who advertise on the website.

OLD BUSINESS/NEW BUSINESS – The next meeting will be in September, date TBD. There being no further business to discuss the meeting adjourned at 9:36 p.m. (Stephen L. made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Lisa B.)

Submitted: Christine Lee, Secretary